Welcome to episode #167. On the show: Toshiba’s smartphone-linked signage; The Hello Lamp Post project gives voice to the inanimate; AT&T partners with Sabre; Google patents the transportation-aware ad; AdTile’s new reward-based motion ads; Quest brings in $500K to take on Jelly; HandUp helps the homeless in SFO. Our Mobile Minute with Chuck Martin ponders the need of store hours in the age of mobile; Our app of the week is Mynd Calendar; Our special guest is newly-acquired Donna founder Kevin Cheng.
A few announcements
– Do you have a location based marketing question? Ask us here and we’ll answer it on an upcoming show.
A Mobile Minute with Chuck Martin: Are store hours dead? (8:20)
Top news of the week
1. Toshiba’s Smartphone-linked signage (13:43)
2. Hello Lamp Post project (17:50)
3. AT&T partners with Sabre for new location-powered services (20:23)
4. Google’s new transportation-aware ad patent (23:36)
5. AdTile interactive reward-driven mobile motion ads (36:50)
6. Quest raises $500K to compete against Jelly (40:31)
7. HandUp – helping the homeless with SMS (45:45)
Resource of the week: New study: Mom’s prefer print over digital when it comes to deals (48:20)