Welcome to episode #170. On the show: Top stories of the week include highlights from Broadcom, Philips, Future of Privacy, rock band Archie Pelago, Baidu, Weve, Facebook and WhatsApp, Innovid and Cisco, eHarmony and Foursquare and Ruckus. Our resource of the week is from Urban Airship and questions if you are ahead or behind in mobile. Chuck Martin tries to figure out what consumers do with their phones while in the store on our Mobile Minute. Asif and Rob take a deeper look at the Facebook/WhatsApp, Philips and Innovid stories.
Support our show with Patreon!
A Mobile Minute with Chuck Martin: What shoppers do with their phones (4:50)
Top stories of the week (starts at 7:30)
1. Broadcom to release chip with GPS for wearables
2. Philips – Connected Retail Lighting System
3. Future of privacy Forum launches consumer opt-out registry
4. Archie Pelago – Music as a playable video game
5. Baidu – gathers data with Baidu Migrate heatmap in China
6. Weve partners with Proxama
7. Facebook acquires WhatsApp for $19B
8. Innovid + Cisco – keywords from TV
9. eHarmony launches Datebook with Foursquare
10. Ruckus launches SPOT cloud-based platform