Welcome to episode #160. On the show: We are LIVE from MoDevEast in Washington DC. University of California Berkeley tests image-based indoor location; Qualcomm’s Gimbal sensors hit the street; Westjet surprises and delights the world; Mojiva partners with Retailigence; Tetley tests holographic help; Argo Tea uses Twitter for barista tips; Pitney Bowes partners with Twitter. Our Mobile Minute with Chuck Martin looks at what we do with our phones while in the store. The Resource of the week features INC Magazine’s Wearable Computing Boom. Our funding news focuses on Momenfeed, Estimote and Shopify. Our special guest is Barg Upender, founder of Mobomo.
A few announcements
– Do you have a location based marketing question? Ask us here and we’ll answer it on an upcoming show.
A Mobile Minute with Chuck Martin: What do we do with our phones inside the store? (3:35)
Top news of the week
1. University of California Berkeley tests image based indoor location (8:55)
2. Qualcomm releases Gimbal sensors (11:15)
3. Westjet amazes passengers with Santa campaign (14:08)
4. Mojiva partners with Retailigence (28:40)
5. Tetley uses virtual assistant / Argo Tea uses twitter to tip baristas (30:25)
6. Pitney Bowes partners with Twitter (34:40)
7. Funding news: MomentFeed raises $5.5M / Estimote gets $3.1M / Shopify $100M (37:30)