Welcome to episode #151. SpyMeSat makes it easier to know when to wear your aluminium hat; Retailigence brings offline pickup to online purchases; Jack in the Box uses time as a marketing factor with Pandora; Netclearance lets you do indoor location with WiFi and BLE; Disney harvests energy from your finger; Fooda brings hyper local food into your offices. Plus Chuck Martin reminds us that it will be another mobile Christmas in our Mobile Minute; The most effective local mobile targeting strategy in our resource of the week; Run to the beat of the right song with our app of the week, TempoRun; Special guest Dave Roesch of the Atlantic City Convention and Visitors Authority teaches us how cities should be using location based marketing.
A few announcements
– Do you have a location based marketing question? Ask us here and we’ll answer it on an upcoming show.
A Mobile Minute with Chuck Martin: It’s starting to look like another mobile Christmas (7:35)
Top news of the week
1. SpyMeSat App – tracking imaging satellites from your smartphone (13:50)
2. Retailigence launches Reserve Online (16:23)
3. Jack In The Box goes hyperlocal with timed Pandora campaign (20:38)
4. Netclearance launches multimode indoor location beacon (32:07)
5. Disney researchers develop finger power energy harvesting technology (35:13)
6. Fooda – Virtual cafeteria for the office (39:30)
Resource of the week: The Most Effective Local-Mobile Targeting Strategies (46:00)