Welcome to episode #145. On the show: Foursquare’s proactive recommendations; McDonalds’ NFC Happy Table; Ubimo closes $2m; The PGA Tour partners with Xirrus for outdoor WiFi; JDS Uniphase launches Location Insight Services; 7Eleven invests in Belly with Andreessen Horowitz. Plus our featured app is CO Everywhere, our mobile minute with Chuck Martin looks at the biggest threat to your mobile strategy and our special guest is journalist and author Nora Young.
A few announcements
– Do you have a location based marketing question? Ask us here and we’ll answer it on an upcoming show.
Special Guest: Nora Young, author (The Virtual Self: How Our Digital Lives Are Altering the World Around Us) and journalist (25:00)
A Mobile Minute with Chuck Martin: The biggest threat to your mobile strategy is… (4:25)
Top news of the week
1. Foursquare turning over a new leaf with proactive recommendations (12:12)
2. McDonald’s NFC Happy Table in Singapore (18:20)
3. Ubimo (location-based mobile audience targeting) closes $2M (22:05)
4. PGA Tour partners with Xirrus for outdoor WiFi (36:30)
5. JDS Uniphase launches location insight services (40:40)
6. 7Eleven invests in Belly 12.1M with Andreessen Horowitz (44:50)