Welcome to episode #131. On the show today: Shazam starts tagging in the background; Domino’s delivers Pizza-smelling DVDs; Dunkin’ Donuts gets you out of bed and eating breakfast; UberMedia changes the rules in targeted ads with UberAds; Aruba Networks purchases Meridian Apps to bring indoor location to their hardware business; LevelUp partners with NCR; The importance of customer feedback and engagement plus special guest Martin Shen, co-founder of UpOut.
A few announcements
– We wrote (part of) a book! The Everything Guide to Mobile Apps and it is available for order now!
– If you’d like to leave a message for us to play on the show, leave it here
Top news of the week
1. Shazam launches new iPad app with background tagging (10:00)
2. UberMedia launches UberAds (15:48)
3. Domino’s delivers DVDs that smell like pizza in Brazil (22:10)
4. Aruba acquires Meridian (36:40)
5. Dunkin’ Donuts launches ultrasound coupons in South Korea to get more breakfast business (41:20)
6. LevelUp partners with NRC (47:05)
Resource of the Week
The importance of customer feedback and engagement in a smartphone enabled world (51:25)