Of all the advances we’ve witnessed throughout the digital revolution the one thing that has remained constant is the password. Over time they have become longer and more complicated but have also become the root for every hack and responsible for many breaches and data leaks. It seems so odd that we are still using them this deep into our digital transformation and I’m not sure if it is because of laziness or a complete lack of innovation.
Dan Robichaud and his company, PasswordBox, are trying to do something about it and more than 1,000,000 people are on board.
This episode focuses on how Dan and his team managed to concentrate their mobile product launch and drive serious downloads during the all-important first 4 days – moving them ahead of the Gmail app as the #1 productivity app on the AppStore. Dan also details his vision of the future of the password and how mobile is the catalyst for this change. It may take some time but with the combination of the smartphone and PasswordBox we may actually be seeing the end of the password.
10 key takeaways from this episode. Click on the link and the video will take you to that clip
1. Why get into this very crowded space 2:50
2. Why is the password a “growth” industry? 5:10
3. Is the password outdated? 7:50
4. Why hasn’t this been solved? 11:15
5. What did mobile do to the password? 15:20
6. How should you secure your device? 16:10
7. How PasswordBox managed their launch to drive huge downloads 25:00
8. What would have happened if you didn’t get the downloads you had anticipated? 34:20
9. How PasswordBox took control of their launch 36:00
10. How did PasswordBox approach the mobile development challenge for their product 41:00
About Dan Robichaud
Dan is a serial entrepreneur and an angel investor. He sold his first company in 2006 to a Global Fortune 500®. He went on to start and sell 5 other technology companies. He is a Limited Partner in two VC funds and he invests in many promising start-ups. His latest venture is PasswordBox.com. Dan is the Co-Founder and CEO.