Welcome to episode #89 of This Week in Location Based Marketing. On today’s episode: The nook gets their maps and directions too. Nokia gets Groupon in a daily deals partnership and GM gets cars to detect pedestrians + the funding news, our resource of the week and from UNTETHER.talks, Damien Patton of Banjo speaks his mind.
1. Barnes & Noble’s Nook gets Maps and Navigation courtesy of Skobbler (7:00)
2. Groupon partners with Nokia for real-time deals (14:40)
3. L’Oreal releases results of their TimeRazor & Duane Reade makeover campaign (18:58)
4. GM tests smartphone based pedestrian detection system (23:00)
5. CameraSync adds location-based uploads (28:20)
** for the complete keynote and 9 other, head to the digital version of UNTETHER.talks
Can’t see the video? Click here