Welcome to This Week in Location Based Marketing where we rehash the news that matters in the location based marketing world.
Welcome to episode #77 of this week in location based marketing. On today’s episode we take a global tour from RVs to TataDocomo in India and everywhere in between. We ask what is up with Apple’s latest patent – # 20120115512, are we seeing the end of the coupon and what does Converse see as the way to connect with customers? Plus we have our usual plethora of deals, our resource of the week PLUS special guest legendary entrepreneur and Canadian extraordinary, Dan Martell. Enjoy!
1. All Stays Camp launches RV camping mobile application (6:06)
2. Tata DoCoMo partners with Snapdeal (9:00)
3. Apple files patent: #20120115512 for Beacon-based Geofencing – why? (12:45)
4. Edo Interactive to launch card-based location offers – signalling the end of coupons? (20:00)
5. Converse partners with Journeys for mobile QR marketing campaign (28:35)
Clarity: With Dan Martell (36:35)
Funding / M&A News
1. EchoEcho closes $750K from Google Ventures (43:55)
2. Samsung acquires MSpot – an $8+ million buy that gets them in the cloud busines (46:28)
3. Belly raises $10M from Andreessen Horowitz (53:00)
Resource of the Week
Marketing Goes Local (58:25)
Can’t see the video? Click here