Welcome to This Week in Location Based Marketing where we rehash the news that matters in the location based marketing world.
In this episode: Punchcard hits 15m locations but what does that mean? Also, Facebook writes another cheque and acq-hires another team, PayPal puts Where to use and Bravo goes around the world in 80 plates. All this plus our weekly M&A and funding roundup, our resource of the week and special guest Simon Liss, CTO of WeLoveMobile. Enjoy!
1. CheetahMail partners with Movable Ink (9:00)
2. PunchCard hits 15M locations worldwide (12:45)
3. Bravo – Around the world in 80 plates uses Twitter to give away trips (19:25)
4. Hop-On Inc. launches geo-targeted services in Cancun (24:15)
5. PayPal re-launches Where as PayPal Media Network (27:40)
We Love Mobile: With Simon Liss (34:10)
Funding / M&A News
1. Intuit buys DemandForce (43:00)
2. Facebook acq-hires Glancee (see Glancee interview here) (46:10)
3. Signpost raised $4M (48:20)
4. Just-Eat gets $64M (50:10)
Resource of the Week
PlaceCast – The Alert Shopper 3 (54:35)
Can’t see the video? Click here