Welcome to This Week in Location Based Marketing where we rehash the news that matters in the location based marketing world.
In this episode we bring to life some of the most relevant stories from the location based marketing world including Kodak finally trying to make some money in mobile, mobile ticketing with Masabi, Gopogo and Project Noah launch and is Foursquare getting ready to make some money? All this plus a busy week in funding and special guest Alexis Zamcow from Canada Post. Enjoy!
1. Kodak launches new photo sharing / retail printing app (3:45)
2. MBTA partners with Masabi on mobile transit ticket system (9:20)
3. GoPoGo launches in beta (14:12)
4. Launch of Project Noah (19:00)
5. Foursquare to launch paid search ads in June (26:30)
Canada Post: With Alexis Zamkow (32:00)
Funding / M&A News
1. Bee Media acquires Adcentricity (42:10)
2. GetMeListed closes seed round (43:50)
3. Chirpify raises $1.3M and launches Twitter payments (45:45)
Resource of the Week
TNS/Kanter Mobile LIfe Study (48:50)
Can’t see the video? Click here