Welcome to This Week in Location Based Marketing where we rehash the news that matters in the location based marketing world.
In this episode: Banjo hits 1 million users, Mastercard launches their own daily deals service, Ditto is acquired by Groupon and Square’s insane valuation. Plus a special appearance by Jyri Engestrom of Ditto.
1. AT&T partners with Digby for Maurices.com (3:48)
2. MojoStreet enhances India’s Cricket team the Deccan Chargers (6:58)
3. Banjo crosses over 1M users (10:15)
4. Mastercard is set to launch their own daily deals with Local Offer Network (17:58)
5. PizzaHut & Boston Market partner with FrontFlip (23:28)
Ditto: With Jyri Engestrom, Founder (30:00)
Funding / M&A News
1. Groupon acquires Ditto (38:20)
2. Path raises $30M (42:00)
3. Square seeking $250M at $4B valuation (45:40)
Resource of the Week
Mapping Foursquare Data (50:25)
Can’t see the video? Click here