Welcome to episode #105 of This Week in Location Based Marketing. On today’s show: Jeans that check-in for you, Esquire jumps the gap between magazine and digital and is Foursquare’s valuation too high. Plus news from GetGlue, a new Apple patent on location and a clip from the archives with Holger Luedorf, VP Mobile and International at Foursquare.
1. Replay Jeans launches Social Denim (making your blue jeans talk) (6:40)
2. Apples gets new geotagging patent (11:50)-
3. Esquire mobilizes print edition without QR codes using Netpage‘s technology (16:10)
4. Mall of America uses SMS for Black Friday parking lot resolution (22:50)
5. Google updates indoor maps for Black Friday with 10,000 additional locations (28:05)
Holger Luedorf, VP Mobile and Internationalization at Foursquare talks about Foursquare’s revenue aspirations from an interview done in February of 2012. (32:35)
Can’t see the video? Click here