Welcome to episode #104 of This Week in Location Based Marketing. On today’s show: Banjo innovates on innovation, Niantic Labs turns the world into an augmented reality game, plus product launches by TomTom, Spindle and Glyder, our funding and M&A news, the resource of the week and a flashback from the archives with Damien Patton, CEO of Banjo.
1. Asif highlights his recent trip to Singapore and participation at the Local Social Summit in London (3:00)
2. Banjo extends its mobile social lead with the launch of version 3.0 (9:00)
3. Niantic Labs (owned by Google) launches the augmented reality game, Ingress (14:15)
4. TomTom launches a new location based service platform (19:36)
5. Mobile discover app Spindle launches (23:34)
6. Glyder, the mobile Mailchip or small business chump? (28:08)
Can’t see the video? Click here