Welcome to This Week in Location Based Marketing where we rehash the news that matters in the location based marketing world.
In this episode we discuss the long death of Gowalla, Google and Nokia getting into indoor mapping plus a little Foursquare, HelloWallet, Calvin Klein + Shazam, McDonalds + LivingSocial and Dan Gilmartin of Where.com.
1. Gowalla to be acquired by Facebook
2. Nokia & Google get into indoor mapping and location
3. Foursquare lets readers tag locations for future reference
4. HelloWallet becomes your fiscal conscience on a mobile
5. Calvin Klein partners with Shazam to offer music-based location incentives
6. McDonald’s taps LivingSocial for Big Mac promotion
Product of the Week
Where: With special guest Dan Gilmartin
1. Facebook talks IPO & buys Gowalla
2. EA acquires KlickNation
Resource of the Week
Accessible location based services
Can’t see the video? Click here
Listen to the audio version now: [audio: http://blip.tv/file/get/Untether-TWiLBMEpisode54864.mp3]