This is part of an on-going year-long special series examining the impact that mobile is having on certain sectors of the economy. These sessions bring industry experts to UNTETHER.tv to offer their thoughts on how mobile will be shaping their industries
In this session, Harlan Eplan, VP Business Development of Global Bay Mobile, discusses the impact that mobile is having on the retail industry.
Some highlights of this session:
– Hear about the state of mobile retailing today
– Understand the impact that the adoption of mobile is and will have on the retail environment
– Learn what the trends in retail are – including payments, in-store interactions and inventory management
– Hear about the coming mobile ambush and how retailers need to embrace mobile or face hard times
– Understand the impact that mobile will be having on the way we process transactions and pay for goods
– Learn what the store of the future will look like – one without cash registers and much more personalization
And so much more!
Listen to the audio version now:
About Harlan Eplan
Harlan joined Global Bay in 2003, responsible for managing and developing client and partner relationships and account management. He has been involved in strategic business and strategy consulting for over 10 years. During his career, he has worked on large technology strategy and implementation engagements for GE Capital, GE Plastics, AIG Insurance, Kemper Insurance, Delta Dental, The City of NY Dept. of Health, among others. Prior to his tenure at Global Bay, Harlan was a Senior Consultant and Director at Proxicom, Inc., a Web consulting firm. He was also a Senior Manager for Deloitte and Touche’s Consulting group in New York City. Harlan holds an MBA from the Yale School of Management and a Bachelors of Arts from Clark University.