Welcome to episode #177. On the show: Top stories featuring Quantum Dots, Apple, the Lego Movie, Coupons.com, American Express, Amazon’s Dash Tesco, Uber’s Rush, Breeze, Santa Monica’s Wellbeing Project, Traffle’s travel app and SmartMat. Our mobile minute featuring Chuck Martin asks “do people still go into stores” and our special guests are Brian Menell and Richard Bagdonas of Mahana.
Support our show with Patreon!
Sign up to receive updates about our book – People Places Media
A Mobile Minute with Chuck Martin: Do people still go into stores? (4:40)
Top stories of the week (starts at 7:17)
1. Quantum Dots – Charge your phone in 30 seconds
2. Apple gets patent for location-based updating of embedded SIMs / Apple’s Healthbook app for iOS 8
3. Location-based digital signage campaign for “The Lego Movie” in Australia
4. Coupons.com partners with Amex for card-linked offers
5. Amazon launches Dash to speed AmazonFresh shopping list
6. Tesco uses iBeacon for customer service, instead of promotions
7. Uber launches their delivery service, RUSH, in New York / Breeze service to rent you a taxi business
8. Santa Monica’s “Wellbeing” Project
9. Traffle travel app
10. SmartMat – weight-sensitive doormat