Welcome to episode #168. On the show: The top 8 most relevant stories during the past week in location and contextual based marketing including stories from Microsoft, Foursquare, Shopcloud, Ryerson, NTT and Dwango, Nokia and GloveLove, PlaceIQ and Rentrak TV, ShopRite and PayNearMe. Our mobile minute with Chuck Martin examines what 77% of consumers want in return for their location data. Our app of the week is Spo.tt Messenger. Our resource confirms that location is the new currency of marketing. Our special guest is Mikhail Damiani of Blue Bite.
A few announcements
– Do you have a location based marketing question? Ask us here and we’ll answer it on an upcoming show.
A Mobile Minute with Chuck Martin: Consumers are ok with sharing their location if? (5:37)
Top stories of the week (starts at 9:45)
1. Foursquare gets $15M from Microsoft
2. Launch of Shopcloud
3. Ryerson’s In The Air Tonight project
4. NTT + Dwango – HeadsUp VR displays for live broadcast
5. Nokia + GloveLove – Thermal Billboard
6. PlaceIQ + Rentrak TV
7. ShopRite drives in-aisle engagement with new app
8. PayNearMe gets $20M
1. What does the Microsoft investment into Foursquare mean to both companies? (25:40)
2. How does PlaceIQ’s audience data mix with Rentrak TV and their deep viewer ratings? (30:40)
3. How does the $20 million raised by PayNearMe open up cash payments for everything, everywhere? (35:35)