Welcome to episode #164. On the show: Location-based condom finder from Skore of India; EClips changes the coat check; YP.com buys Sense Networks; Digby launces LocalPoint 2.0; Chevrolet partners with Priceline to offer hotels on the go; Biz Stone releases Jelly on the world; Our Mobile Minute with Chuck Martin looks at the car as the ultimate location commerce medium; Our app of the week is Packnada for the travel crowd; Our resource of the week answers the question of what is your price to give up your location; Our special guest of the week is Lawrence Coburn of DoubleDutch.
A few announcements
– Do you have a location based marketing question? Ask us here and we’ll answer it on an upcoming show.
A Mobile Minute with Chuck Martin: Location based commerce and the connected car (4:00)
Top news of the week
1. Indian condom company SKORE launches location-based Android app to find condoms (10:10)
2. EClips – RFID Light Clip Coat Check System (14:30)
3. YP.com buys Sense Networks (17:55)
4. Digby launches LocalPoint 2.0 (31:45)
5. Chevy teams up with Priceline for hotel bookings (35:40)
6. Biz Stone launches Jelly (39:45)
Resource of the week: 77% of Shoppers OK with Sharing Location for Targeting, IF… (48:35)