Welcome to episode #163. On the show: Canadian University sends vodka-powered text messages; Strongbow embeds RFID chips in bottle caps; Cafe owners getting sued for background music in Australia; Moto X gives print a dose of interactivity; The Merit Shop makes you sing and dance for product; Tata taps your smartphone for usage based insurance. Our Mobile Minute with Chuck Martin looks ahead to CES; our app of the week is Openbay; Our resource of the week deciphers why customer service is more important than advertising; Our special guest is David Rush, founder of Earshot.
A few announcements
– Do you have a location based marketing question? Ask us here and we’ll answer it on an upcoming show.
A Mobile Minute with Chuck Martin: A look forward to CES (8:35)
Top news of the week
1. Vodka-Powered Text Messages (16:00)
2. Strongbow – Bottle Caps with RFID chips (19:10)
3. Legal action over background music (22:00)
4. Moto X print ad in Wired Magazine changes colour with touch (34:04)
5. The Merit Shop (37:30)
6. Tata using smartphones for usage based insurance (41:40)
Resource of the week: Customer Experience More Important Than Advertising (46:25)