Welcome to episode #198. On the show: Heineken’s location-based loyalty rewards for small bars; AVG acquires LocationLabs; xAd and IndoorAtlas raise rounds; Walkers chips tweet to eat; Nordstrom & Target powered by Curalate; InMobi partners with Factual on mobile ads; McDonalds trades cans for food in Sweden; Magnum and NewAer partner on beacon engagement; Marriott teams with MIT to create matchmaking table through LinkedIn data; FUZ design brings us the bluetooth-enabled Noke padlock; MCX to launch the CurrentC wallet and Isis rebrands. Our resource of the week looks at the if consumers are willing to share wearable data. Our guest is Lynda Smith Chief Marketing Officer of Twilio.
This Week in Location Based Marketing Episode 198
Top stories of the week
(starts at 6:20)
1. Heineken creates location-based loyalty rewards program
2. Funding update – AVG acquires LocationLabs for $220M, xAd raises $50M, IndoorAtlas gets $10M from Baidu
3. Walkers “Tweet To Eat” vending machines
4. Nordstrom & Target use Curalate to drive shopping via Instagram
5. InMobi partners with Factual for mobile ads
6. McDonald’s Sweden – trading empty cans for burgers / McDonald’s music as a reward?
7. Magnum (ice cream) teams with NewAer for beacon engagement
8. Marriott teams with MIT to create matchmaking table via LinkedIn
9. FUZ designs – Noke padlock
10. MCX to finally launch wallet – CurrentC next year