Welcome to episode #158. On the show: Toronto-based Flybits builds context into directions for the City of Ottawa; PropertyShark maps toxic materials in New York City; British Airways marries planes and billboards; Bon-Ton goes all Agent 99 on us with NFC shoes; Placecast works with Aha Radio to bring context to deals; Rehabstudio gives us the storefront of the future. In our Mobile Minute, Chuck Martin gives us the different shopping habits of PC and mobile users; Our resource of the week focuses on the difference between NFC and QR codes; Our app of the week is SilverIMP from Scotland; Our special guest is VistarMedia co-founder Jeremy Ozon.
A few announcements
– Do you have a location based marketing question? Ask us here and we’ll answer it on an upcoming show.
A Mobile Minute with Chuck Martin: The difference between PC and mobile shopping (7:55)
Top news of the week
1. The City of Ottawa launches the Flybits platform (14:10)
2. PropertyShark‘s interactive map of NYC toxic sites (20:10)
3. British Airways digital billboard for Magic of Flying campaign (24:22)
4. The Bon-Ton launches NFC-enable shoe marketing campaign (39:50)
5. Placecast brings location-based deals to your car (47:10)
6. +Rehabstudio’s vision of the Storefront of the future (52:40)