Welcome to episode #155. On the show: Decawave brings indoor location accuracy down to 10cm; Tesco face-scans and targets ads in 450 gas stations in the UK; Amazon payments brings location-based ads; Drinks4You rolls out a loyalty card for bars while Drink Advisor Bar Finder helps find your next drink; AutoTrader partners with Chatmeter to help marry social and local; L’Oreal hopes to sell product in the subways of New York City. Our Mobile Minute focuses on the increasing customer service demands brought on by mobile. Our product of the week is Knock. Our resource of the week looks at using mobile to attract and retain customers. Special guest this week is Janet Hawkins of Opterus.
A few announcements
- Do you have a location based marketing question? Ask us here and we’ll answer it on an upcoming show.
A Mobile Minute with Chuck Martin: The mobile customer service challenge (8:55)
Top news of the week
1. Decawave launches indoor location chip with 10cm accuracy (16:04)
2. Tesco launches face-scanning targeted ads at 450 gas stations (23:10)
3. Amazon Payments heading towards location-based ads (29:35)
4. Drinks4-You loyalty card for bars / Drink Advisor Bar Finder (47:20)
5. AutoTrader partners with Chatmeter (52:15)
6. L’Oreal Intelligent Color Experience on the MTA in New York (61:20)
Resource of the week: Attracting and Retaining New Customers with Mobile Technology (67:25)