Welcome to episode #152. On the show: Zumigo uses location to combat payment fraud from the phone; Mobiquity Networks brings proximity marketing to broadway; Shazam breaks into bricks and mortar; Trafi helps map the unmapped; Google gets deeper into NSA territory; Asda brings 3D printing to the grocery store. Our special guest is Karl Martin, founder and CEO of Nymi – makers of the wearable ECG device used for identification. Our resource of the week looks at the upcoming wearables market explosion.
A few announcements
– Do you have a location based marketing question? Ask us here and we’ll answer it on an upcoming show.
Top news of the week
1. Zumigo launches transaction fraud platform (6:48)
2. Mobiquity Networks uses proximity to market Spider-Man: Turn off the dark live show in New York (10:08)
3. Shazam makes it’s way into bricks and mortar (13:10)
4. Trafi raises $500K to map the unmapped (30:05)
5. Google’s Mobile Meter App tracks in-app and mobile browsing behaviours (35:25)
6. Asda does 3D printing in store as a Christmas promotion (41:35)