Welcome to episode #144. On the show: Google patents your gaze (and a little latent pre-searching on the side); GoDaddy acquires Locu; Coors Light’s Refresh the Night campaign; Placeable emerges from LocationInsight to normalize location data for enterprises; Coca Cola uses location to help charities with Movement for a Movement campaign; Nuance launches their talking ads in Sweden; Apple acquires Embark; Google chokes on Yahoo!’s dust; Chuck Martin looks at the plight of the QR code; What are the differences between North American and Europe when it comes to location based services?
A few announcements
– Do you have a location based marketing question? Ask us here and we’ll answer it on an upcoming show.
A Mobile Minute with Chuck Martin: Scanbuy and the plight of QR codes (27:35)
Top news of the week
1. Google’s “Pay Per Gaze” (10:50)
2. GoDaddy acquires Locu (15:45)
3. Coors Light “Refresh the Night” campaign (20:15)
4. LocationInsight becomes Placeable (23:52)
5. Coca Cola “Movement For A Movement” campaign (30:38)
6. Nuance’s “talking ads” (34:56)
7. Apple acquires Embark (43:10)