Welcome to episode #139. On the show today: Foursquare now showing ads but is anyone watching? Apple buys Locationary and HopStop to bolster their map offering. Google kills Latitude. TomTom chooses DMTI for Canadian location data. Uniqul lets you pay with your face. Our app of the week is QuadStreaker, Chuck Martin is back in our mobile minute to talk augmented reality and our special guest is Brian Wong of Kiip.
A few announcements
– Do you have a location based marketing question? Ask us here and we’ll answer it on an upcoming show.
A Mobile Minute with Chuck Martin: Is augmented reality ready for prime-time? (8:50)
Top news of the week
1. Apple buys Locationary + HopStop (11:22)
2. Google to kill Latitude (17:20)
3. DMTI partners with TomTom (20:56)
4. Intermap launches AdPro (36:08)
5. Foursquare to now serve Ads (37:48)
6. Uniqul’s Pay With Your Face (42:58)