Welcome to episode #138. On the show today: Apple is making Waze – on their own. YuMe brings targeted video ads to the home. France rocks biometric payments and IBM’s Smarter Cities billboards. Tracking moods through facial expressions to sell cosmetics. SolveMedia and Unilever brand the captcha. This week features special guest Krina Patel of Ingenious Med and a Mobile Minute feature with Chuck Martin plus our resource of the week.
A few announcements
– Do you have a location based marketing question? Ask us here and we’ll answer it on an upcoming show.
A Mobile Minute with Chuck Martin: Have you ever wondered what types of stores mobile users are happiest at and what makes them happy? Then this Mobile Minute is for you. The research is brought to you by GigaOm pro and delivered by us. (5:40)
Top news of the week
1. Apple to launch their own “Waze” (8:15)
2. YuMe – enables video ad targeting to individual households (12:50)
3. Biometric payments in France (17:54)
4. Solvemedia and Unilever (35:00)
5. IBM Smarter Cities Billboards in France (40:50)
6. Factual‘s new geo-targeting service (46:00)
7. Ulybka Radugi + Synqera tracking facial expressions in-store (52:14)