Welcome to episode #133. On the show today: Chuck Martin stops by to talk about his new book Mobile Influence; eBay turns windows into stores; Shopify turns e-tailers into retailers; The LBMA creates the world’s first human heatmap logo; Wikipedia goes local with content; Rogers partners with FiveStars on Vicinity; Free wifi with Scrabble; Pak ‘n Save makes the shopper the DJ; Local mobile is exploding according to Business Insider.
A few announcements
– We wrote (part of) a book! The Everything Guide to Mobile Apps and it is available for order now!
– If you’d like to leave a message for us to play on the show, leave it here
Top news of the week
1. eBay’s Shoppable windows + Shopify‘s Popify temporary stores (9:15)
2. LBMA + Lancome augmented reality project (18:50)
3. FiveStars partners with Rogers Communications to create Vicinity (24:25)
4. Wikipedia launches “nearby” feature (36:55)
5. Scrabble for free wifi in Paris (40:25)
6. Pak’ n Save – Shoppers become DJs New Zealand (44:40)
Resource of the Week
Business Intelligence Report on the explosion of local mobile marketing (51:35)