Welcome to episode #132. On the show today: TuneIn raises $25 million to get in your car; Royal Mail opens late so you can pick up your own mail; The Location Forum makes you pay for privacy guidelines; Bud + Blippar + Folds of Honor = amazing; iPourIt brings RFID to bars; ESRI starts licensing their data. Plus, eMarketer Canada offers insight into Canada’s location and mobile advertising landscape and special guest Piyush Shah of InMobi on the China opportunity.
A few announcements
– We wrote (part of) a book! The Everything Guide to Mobile Apps and it is available for order now!
– If you’d like to leave a message for us to play on the show, leave it here
Top news of the week
1. Royal Mail offers “Click and Collect” program (UK) (10:25)
2. Location Forum releases data privacy guidelines (17:35)
3. Budweiser + Blippar for Folds of Honor (22:15)
4. TuneIn raises $25M (40:25)
5. iPourIt self-serve RFID beer kiosks (48:05)
6. Launch of FishAlerts using ESRI data (54:00)
Resource of the Week
eMarketer Canada report on location and mobile advertising in Canada (57:50)