Welcome to episode #126 of This Week in Location Based Marketing. On the show: Stay within walking distance to your meetings with Walkscore; Nike uses 3D holographs to sell shoes in Amsterdam; Paying by sound in Beijing; K-Mart uses checkins to promote the world’s largest bake sale; Asif’s retail RAMP summary; Accenture’s “Seamless Retail Study.” Plus Rob’s app fascination of the week is Tempo and special guest Raj Singh, founder of Tempo talks the calendar as the operating system.
A few announcements
– We wrote (part of) a book! The Everything Guide to Mobile Apps and it is available for order now!
– If you’d like to leave a message for us to play on the show, leave it here
Top news of the week
1. RAMP Summary (2:00)
2. Walkscore will help you find a hotel within walking distance of your meetings (10:00)
3. Nike deploys 3D holographic digital signage in Amsterdam (13:42)
4. MDialog turns video into location-based coupons (17:52)
5. Aisle411 teams up with RedLaser (36:00)
6. Beijing subway system using sound to make payments (39:52)
7. K-Mart pushes checkins to promote world’s largest bake sale (48:30)