Welcome to episode #125 of This Week in Location Based Marketing. On the show: Why Shazam could be the biggest retail enabler on the planet; can Foursquare discover a revenue source with version 6.0; will Layar help print turn digital dimes into dollars and will you pay $360/year for WiFi in the car plus other stories from ESRI and TouchMedia, our resource of the week and special guest Darya Trushkina, VP Business Development at Game Insight.
A few announcements
– We wrote (part of) a book! The Everything Guide to Mobile Apps and it is available for order now!
– If you’d like to leave a message for us to play on the show, leave it here
Top news of the week
1. Shazam to start selling the shirt off the stars back? (8:23)
2. The cloudy fate of Foursquare after version 6.0 and $41 in debt financing (15:48)
3. Spotify comes to Ford Sync / Audi brings WiFi to cars with T-Mobile (22:55)
4. Layar shifts focus to Vision product – bringing print to life (41:40)
5. ESRI launches ARCGIS GeoTrigger (49:20)
6. TouchMedia helps sell Johnnie Walker (52:40)