Welcome to episode #123 of This Week in Location Based Marketing. On the show: The Singapore government to roll out location-based services. Google’s Niantic Labs (makers of the popular location-based game Ingress) gets into book publishing. Locu uses big data to track Pabst Blue Ribbon consumption (and identify the Hipster density). Apple acquires WiFiSlam + Tibco acquires Maporama. Jay Shells takes us on a location-based rap lyric street art project. Plus special guest Andrea Sanchez, founder of Beergram and our resource of the week.
A few announcements
– Come see us live in San Francisco! More details can be found here.
– We wrote (part of) a book! The Everything Guide to Mobile Apps and it is available for order now!
– If you’d like to leave a message for us to play on the show, leave it here
Top news of the week
1. Singapore government to roll out location-based services (12:00)
2. Niantic Labs gets into e-books (19:00)
3. Locu shows heat maps of Pabst Blue Ribbon consumption (25:35)
4. Apple acquires WiFiSlam (39:30)
5. Tibco buys Maporama (44:55)
6. Jay Shells’ location-based street art with rap lyrics (50:15)