Welcome to This Week in Location Based Marketing where we rehash the news that matters in the location based marketing world.
In this episode: The Kevin Rose Experiment spoils, PayPal responds to Square with a triangle, AmexCoupons and Twitter saved $1.7Million at McDonanalds + the state of the local mobile transaction scene and special guest Patrick Blattner, Chief Product Office at WirelessWerx.
1. Everplaces launches in Denmark (4:13)
2. PayPal to introduce Square competitor (8:40)
3. Twitter + AmexCoupons (13:50)
4. Pulse App to integrate local news and local deals (19:00)
5. Oink, Milk Inc. + Google: The Kevin Rose Experiment (24:20)
Product of the Week
WirelessWerx: With special guest Patrick Blattner, Chief Product Officer (30:56)
Funding / M&A News
1. 500Friends raises $5.9M (42:45)
2. AOL acquires Hipster (44:50)
3. Boku closes $35M from Telefonica (47:50)
Resource of the Week
What Siri means for the future of mobile shopping (53:22)
Can’t see the video? Click here