Welcome to This Week in Location Based Marketing where we rehash the news that matters in the location based marketing world.
This week the conversation focuses on Telus partnering deeply with WagJag, MomentFeed intensifying their relationship with Foursquare, do we really need mall kiosks or will your phone suffice, Facebook’s IPO, Yowza and CardSpring tap someone else’s money + Foursquare’s Holger Luedorf talks up their future.
1. Telus kills their own loyalty program and are going with WagJag (5:20)
2. Walkbase launches Checked (9:50)
3. Signagelive integrates with Intel’s AIM (12:56)
4. MomentFeed partners with Foursquare (18:56)
5. Nissan brings location based service to Leaf customer rentals in Japan (21:50)
Maponics Minute: Geofencing via demographics instead of targeting by Zip/Postal code. (25:50)
Brought to you by Maponics.
Product of the Week
Foursquare: With special guest Holger Luedorf (30:35)
1. Facebook’s IPO (37:00)
2. Yowza closes $1.5M (39:42)
3. CardSpring lands $10M (42:40)
Resource of the Week
Silverpop’s State of the Social Universe (47:05)
Can’t see the video? Click here
This episode is brought to you by:
Maponics is the leading provider of premium-quality, location-based data featuring: School, Neighborhood, Subdivision, Shopping, College Campus, City, ZIP Code, and Carrier Route Boundaries that power many real estate, local search, direct marketing and other businesses. To learn more about our GIS Data products and Custom GIS services, please visit Maponics or call 800-762-5158.