Welcome to This Week in Location Based Marketing where we rehash the news that matters in the location based marketing world.
This episode is packed with stories about Groupon partnering with Deutsche Telekom, location on the Kindle Fire (by HopStop and Skyhook), Shazam’ing the SuperBowl and GM opening up the OnStar API. All this plus Wiggert De Haan, Founder of Roamler.
1. Groupon to partner with Deutsche Telekom in Europe (4:40)
2. HopStop + Skyhook brings location to Kindle Fire (10:42)
3. Shazam goes long at the SuperBowl (15:15)
4. Foursquare brings “Explore” to the web (19:36)
5. GM opens up OnStar API (see my interview with Steve Schwinke: OnStar: Why the future of the automobile starts on the dashboard – with Steve Schwinke, Director of Advanced Technology (22:53)
Product of the Week
Roamler: With special guest Wiggert de Haan (30:45)
1. GetGlue closes $12M (39:30)
2. TaskRabbit buys SkillSlate (42:35)
3. Netswiping lands $25.5M (45:47)
Resource of the Week
The Impulse Economy (book) by Gary Schwartz (50:39)
Can’t see the video? Click here
This episode is brought to you by:
Maponics is the leading provider of premium-quality, location-based data featuring: School, Neighborhood, Subdivision, Shopping, College Campus, City, ZIP Code, and Carrier Route Boundaries that power many real estate, local search, direct marketing and other businesses. To learn more about our GIS Data products and Custom GIS services, please visit Maponics or call 800-762-5158.