Welcome to episode #94 of This Week in Location Based Marketing. On today’s show: What does an airport have to do with James Joyce? Australia is showing us how to do disaster notifications and STMicroelectronics kills us with air pressure – in a good way. All this plus a few deals, an acquisition, Tasti D-lite’s new book and special guest Lalita Krishna of Choco-locate.
1. The strange marriage between James Joyce, Pinterest, Soundcloud, Twitter and the Dublin Airport (4:30)
2. Chiquita, the banana company, gets into mobile with FunMobility (10:30)
3. Vodafone and Telstra launch a location-based disaster alert system through SMS in Australia (13:57)
4. STMicroelectronics announce a 3D location sensing chip that detects atmospheric pressure to help gauge elevation (20:00)
5. Neiman Marcus partners with VISA for location-based deal alerts – using VISA’s SMS gateway (25:35)
Can’t see the video? Click here