Welcome to episode #92 of This Week in Location Based Marketing. On today’s show: Twitter shuts the door on developers, everyone and their mother joins the In-Location Alliance and Paypal jumps on the Discover bus. Plus the usual funding and M&A activity, our resource of the week and special guest Michael Hagan, COO LevelUp.
1. Twitter starts pulling back on access to the API – what does this mean for location marketing? (4:40) – the full interview with Bretton MacLean can be found here.
2. Nokia leads the charge (with 22 other companies) to form the In-Location Alliance for indoor mapping (11:00)
3. The Red Cross develops a coherent and tangible mobile and location with a great combination of apps and mobile web (16:16)
4. Tokyo Metro stations are now featured in Booyah’s My Town location-based mobile game (21:08)
5. PayPal makes its first move against the upstarts and partners with McDonalds and Discover – soon to be accepted in over 7,000,000 retail locations (24:33)
Can’t see the video? Click here