Welcome to This Week in Location Based Marketing where we rehash the news that matters in the location based marketing world.
Welcome to episode #78 of this week in location based marketing. In this episode we figure out what the Facebook IPO means to the location marketing world, could AMEX unseat Groupon, Pinterest raises huge
revenue investment dollars at an insane valuation + Tomi Ahonen on the 8th mass media.
1. The Facebook IPO and what that means to the location world
2. PeopleBrowser Kred API
3. SelectiveMedia (UK) launches location-based WiFi offers
4. StreetHawk’s location aware personal shopper
5. Facebook Offers + Amex take on Groupon (and could win!)
6. Amex insider’s look at London
Tomi Ahonen on the 8th mass media: Augmented Reality
Funding / M&A News
1. Pinterest raises $100M, valued at $1.5Billion (shudder!)
2. Skout gets $22M
Resource of the Week
Pew Research – Internet & American Life Project
Can’t see the video? Click here