Welcome to This Week in Location Based Marketing where we rehash the news that matters in the location based marketing world.
In this episode: Big acquisitions this week starting with Facebook’s bookends Tagtile and Instagram and Intuit purchasing AisleBuyer. Retail’s revival is happening through location and mobile with PointInside’s nSide, Picksie’s ticket purchasing and Jetshop’s pop-up stores in Stockholm + AisleBuyer’s founder, Andrew Paradise.
1. QuantumDigital launches QuantumCards
2. DrinkLobby launches
3. PointInside launches nSide
4. Picksie launches ticket purchasing service
5. Jetshop and the pop-up store in Stockholm
AisleBuyer: With Andrew Paradise, Founder (29:00)
Funding / M&A News
1. Intuit acquires Aislebuyer
2. Facebook acquires Instagram and then Tagtile
Resource of the Week
SPA Report: NFC/QR to drive proximity marketing to $2.3B in 2016 (56:56)
Can’t see the video? Click here