Welcome to This Week in Location Based Marketing where we rehash the news that matters in the location based marketing world.
In this episode we discuss Brightkite taking a break from business, DDR moving coupons to dialtone, Layar’s enhanced yellow sticky pad and Hallmark bringing us more Billy Ray Cyrus by QR code + Zaarly’s Eric Koester.
1. Brightkite shuts down service, to, er, rethink, yeah, that’s it.
2. Tennent‘s Beer parters with JiWire in Scotland
3. DDR launches ValuText powered by PlaceCast
4. Layar releases Stiktu for consumers
5. Hallmark Channel brings QR codes to TV
Product of the Week
Zaarly: With special guest Eric Koester
Resource of the Week
NellyMoser study – QR codes in retail stores
Can’t see the video? Click here
Listen to the audio version now: [audio: http://blip.tv/file/get/Untether-TWiLBMEpisode57885.mp3]