recorded September 11, 2011
Welcome to This Week in Location Based Marketing where we rehash the news that matters in the location based marketing world.
1. TelMap adds location aware restaurant coupons, partners with REST and Yellow Pages in Israel
2. Ronhill cigarettes adds location-based QR codes for smokers to light up
3. ShopText partners with AOL Shortcuts creating a nationwide “mobile-to-loyalty” card coupon network
4. BP enters the daily deal market for their retail services
5. National Radio Systems Committee (NRSC) releases RFP – looking for a few great technologies to help expand location-based services for radio (RFP found here – links to a PDF).
1. TelNav acquires Goby
2. Google acquires Zagat
Tool of the Week
Eeve takes on Color
Resource of the Week
Pew Research Report on Location
Can’t see the video? Click here
Listen to the audio version now: [audio:http://blip.tv/file/get/Untether-TWiLBMEpisode42699.mp3]