recorded September 5, 2011
Welcome to This Week in Location Based Marketing where we rehash the news that matters in the location based marketing world.
1. Flickr! introduces geofences
2. Gootip service up location based Q&A through the Twitter API
3. Wajam adds location data to your social graph
4. Dianping hits 10M mobile users – a 20X increase year over year
5. TopShop + SCVNGR = back to school in style
Tool of the Week
Snapette (Location-based fashion browsing)
Resource of the Week
Will mobile ad display surpass web ad display?
SchneiderMike’s response to my question about why he wrote Location Based Marketing for Dummies as a “Dummies” brand and not his own can be found here.
Can’t see the video? Click here
Listen to the audio version now: [audio:http://blip.tv/file/get/Untether-ThisWeekInLocationBasedMarketingEpisode41504.mp3]