This is part of an on-going year-long special series examining the impact that mobile is having on certain sectors of the economy. These sessions bring industry experts to UNTETHER.tv to offer their thoughts on how mobile will be shaping their industries
In this session, David Sikora, founder of Digby, discusses the impact that mobile is having on retail and commerce.
Some highlights of this session:
– Hear how companies are using mobile to enable purchases
– Find out what Digby sees as the three phases of mobile commerce and where we stand today
– Learn how CRM applications need to compliment mobile commerce strategy
– Understand how context plays in mobile retail
– Listen to David as he builds a roadmap to mobile retail nirvana – what needs to be in place to use it effectively
– Understand why David thinks that mobile payments is the game changer in this industry – the mobile wallet + NFC + Secure data on smartphone is the battlefront over the next 2 years.
And so much more!
Listen to the audio version now:
About David Sikora
David Sikora founded Digby in 2006, with a goal to accelerate the convergence of mobility and electronic commerce.. He is a veteran of the software industry, having been CEO of several successful public and venture backed private companies during his 25 year business career. He has served as the CEO of Pervasive Software (NASDAQ: PVSW), Question Technologies, Ventix Systems, and Forefront Group (NASDAQ: FFGI, acquired by NASDAQ: SKIL). In addition, he has served on the boards of several public and private companies, including TippingPoint Technologies, Motive, AG Tech, ClearOrbit, Troux Technologies, and Powered, Inc. He is also active in various Austin technology and community organizations.
Sikora has an MBA from Harvard Graduate School of Business Administration.